Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Can't Stop Reading

I figured I'd mess around with my schedule. I'm working on a film analysis post which was originally for today, but my head is swimming with stuff right now and I've decided to postpone that until Friday. Which is just as well, because I can't decide on a recipe to post for Real Men Can Cook this week.

I'm reading a book by a friend at the moment, the second in a trilogy. It's not yet published, and it's not her main WIP for the time being. But I'm telling you, I'm hooked. I'm a sucker for strong and engaging character relationships in a story, and this has it in spades. Even when I want to slap the characters and tell them to act sensibly, I still care about them and want, need to read more.

I love when a book does this to me. This is why I read, to connect with characters and feel that desire to watch their fates, no matter what that may be, no matter whether I want to hug them or hit them.

So, topic open for discussion. What books have drawn you in so much you can hardly sleep if you don't read just one more chapter? What ones make you want to scream because you can't read fast enough to see what happens next?

No comments:

Post a Comment