Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Heucheraholics

 ..
Hooray! Hooray! It's a Happy Heucheraholics Day!  At last Jooles and Sean got Gold for their stand at RHS Hampton Court plant marquee.



About time too.  The display looked lovely this year and there are only so many Silver Gilts you can take.  Perhaps Jooles and Sean had a premonition they might win as when I saw them, before the medals were announced, they had bought me a very appropriate prezzie with which to toast their win! (clic on the pic to read the wine label!)


I first met Jooles at Malvern 2009 when I was still an 'anonymous' blogger  before emerging from 'behind the Sock' to meet various gardening friends.  Whilst buying a heuchera to add to my collection I must have mentioned the fact that I blogged and Jooles replied "Oh - you're not that 'Gravy' woman are you?"  I nearly jumped out of my skin with astonishment! Suddenly my secret identity had been revealed!  Jooles said they were big fans of my bloggywog and I said I loved their heucheras and since then their happy, welcoming, faces and bright displays have added immensely to the pleasure of my visits to the various RHS shows.

And that is why the Sock is proud to be


No comments:

Post a Comment