Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ripple - Mandy Hubbard


Date Released: July 21st 2011
Publisher: Razorbill/Penguin
Pages: 260 pages
Date Read: October 29, 2011
Format: Hardcover
Source: Amazon
Summary:

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she's ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?


My Review:

I had very high expectations for Ripple, the cover is gorgeous and it's a great storyline, and I am very happy to say it did not let me down :)

Last Year - or at least I think it was last year... - I read You Wish also by Mandy Hubbard, the story was great. The only problem? I didn't like the main character. yeah, not so good. Luckily this was not the case with Ripple, I liked Lexi a lot.

Lexi is cursed, she's draw to water and she sings, and her singing kills. She falls in Love, but then she figures out a way to get rid of her curse. the price? give up her Love. so what will she choose?

I have no idea if I'm just naive but, wow, I was shocked so many times during the book! her decisions, what everything turned out to be, what a certain someone turned out to be, and the ending. wow, the ending. didn't saw that one coming. Not. At. All.

and aside from the shocking part in the ending it was also realistic. I really liked the last chapter [thirty-three] I think it was the perfect finale for the book.

Ripple is the first mermaid book I read and It most definitely won't be my last. Mandy Hubbard created an original storyline with intriguing characters and with lots of surprises around the corner. If you haven't read a book by Mandy Hubbard before, you must. It won't disappoint.

“You don't have to sleep, you don't have to dream, to have nightmares.”


Tweet Review
Mandy Hubbard created an original storyline with intriguing characters and with lots of surprises around the corner. If you haven't read a book by Mandy Hubbard before, you must. It won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment