Saturday, January 21, 2012

Angelfall - Susan Ee


Date Released: May 21st 2011
Publisher: Feral Dream
Pages: 255 pages
Date Read: January 20, 2012
Format:  pdf
Source: Author
Summary:

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.



My Review:

I've always been a big fan of apocalyptic movies, lots of people turn away from them, but they are my favorites, so when I saw this book was about the apocalypse I didn't hesitate to request it! It's actually the first book I read in the genre and wow! it was soooo good. all of those 5 star reviews were right :3 I'll stop my rambling and begin reviewing:

The book starts and we meet Penryn, a not so normal girl. Aside from the fact that the apocalypse started and Angels -not nice and pretty. More like mean and I-want-them-to-die kind of Angels - are taking over the world, Her mother has mental problems and her little sister is in a wheelchair. To make things worse her sister is kidnapped by Angels, and God knows what they will do to her, so Penryn is on a mission: Save her sister no matter what.

The book jumps right into the action, there are very few 'calm' moments, which was really good. Lots of hear racing moments and lots of: "Oh. My. God. You have got to be kidding" moments, Luckily Penryn wasn't alone to face them [her mom sort of gets lost] but she's being accompanied by a hot Angel that apparently isn't so bad: Raffe.

Raffe is the romantic interest of Penryn, though he doesn't show that much interest in her through the book, but by the ending all of his emotions show, Oh God The Ending! I was crying! not bawling or anything, more like a little tear here and there and some *sniff sniff* it was sooo good and I ♥ Raffe! seriously! everything was in slow motion for me, from the horrible things that happened to [SPOILER Highlihght:] Penryn's sister! I mean what the hell did they do to her? and what is she now? and the scorpion things and Raffe's Wings! and Arg!! I was TORN APART! I'm telling you! TORN!!!

So yeah, I found it a bit hard to get into the book in the begging, even though it was full of action and great stuff, I wasn't really into it. But by the end I was so immersed that, like I said, everything turned into slow motion. Oh and one more thing, I Loved that Susan Ee is Fearless! she was not afraid to describe graphic and grueson things, I love that she went all the way, because usually books tend to be sugarcoated, but this one was not afraid, so I really think that makes it that much more good :)

Maybe my review doesn't make that much sense but, what really does have to make sense is the fact that you have to read it. If you like Bad [and hot] Angels, creatures that come straight out of nightmares and lots of action then this book is for you :D!

and now I'm dying for a sequel... Special Thanks to Susane Ee for letting me review her book!

“I never kid about my warrior demigod status."
"Oh. My. God." I lower my voice, having forgotten to whisper. "You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles, I’ll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing but a barely evolved lizard. That’s what you are.”

“It is not the gentle kiss of a couple on a first date, nor is it the kiss of a man driven by simple lust. He kisses me with the desperation of a dying man who believes the magic of eternal life is in this kiss.”

And one More Spoiler Quote [Highlight] and if you haven't read the book DO NOT READ THIS QUOTE, I'm serious. Stop. Really. Especially you Jennifer, you read really fast and something tells me you want to read spoilers :P  Like I said, this quote tore my hear in two:

"“How long did you resist?” asks Uriel. “Did you push her away? Did you tell her she meant no more to you than any other animal? Oh, Raffe, did she die thinking you didn’t care about her? How tragic. That must just tear you to pieces.” Raffe looks up with murder in his eyes. “Don’t. Talk. About. Her.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment