Friday, January 20, 2012

Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley


Date Released:  February 14th 2012 [US edition]
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Pages: 272 pages 
Date Read: January 07, 2012
Format: ARC
Source: Netgalley
Summary:

Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.


My Review:

I've always loved to write, and if I were to ever write a book, I would want to be just like this one. No doubt.

The writing style was really good! and the humor! Oh God I was laughing so much! especially at the sarcastic remarks! "This did not comfort me." That was my favorite line! [probably doesn't make sense if you haven't read it. You must]

It had the perfect valance of Lighthearted and Deep Situations! It was full of real art references and just in general, I would not hesitate to call this book a work of art. Delicate and just about perfect.

The support characters where great, Lucy had such a great sense of humor and I loved being inside her and Ed's minds. and Ed is my new boy crush ^^

I you haven't read it then What Are You Waiting For??!?!?!?!?!

It's worth Gold


“Emma Forest?" Jazz asks. "His ex is the girl with the big...?"
"That's the one," Daisy tells her.
Jazz looks at her chest. I pat her shoulder. "Guys care about personality too."
"Girls like me started that rumor.”

“Every time he looked at me I felt like I'd touched my tongue to the tip of a battery. In art class I'd watch him lean back and listen and I was nothing but zing and tingle. After a while, the tingle turned to electricity, and when he asked me out my whole body amped to a level where technically I should have been dead. I had nothing in common with a sheddy like him, but a girl doesn't think straight when she's that close to electrocution.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment