Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Hollow by Jessica Verday

The Hollow by Jessica Verday
Date Released: September 1st 2009
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 513 pages
Format: Hardcover.
Source: Borders
Summary:

I watched out and touched the casket lid. It was cold. So cold that I immediately snatched my hand away. It almost felt like it had burned me.
I just stood there. I couldn't bring myself to say anything... not out loud, at least. But a thousand thoughts raged inside my head, while a thousand feelings raged inside my heart.
The weather mimicked my emotions. A fierce wind rattled by, howling in outrage. The edges of the plastic awning flapped angrily against the aluminum poles holding it up and made a horrible ringing sound. Even the rain pounded harder, lashing out its bitterness.
And that was when I felt someone watching me.


My Review:

I was walking through borders, [Before it went RIP] and I saw the cover of this book [the old one] and I just picked it up and bought it without reading the summary.

Once home and reading the summary I just dived in and I LOVED it! I saw a lot of reviews in which they argued the slow pace of the book, but, to be honest I just jumped into the story and it refused to let go until the very end.

There were so many things circling the story! Abbey's best friend mysterious dead, a black diary, a live legend in sleepy hollow and a haunted boy...

My heart was beating hard along with Abbey's and the ending definitely caught me by surprise! it was sorta predictable what Caspian's -the haunted boy - situation was, but I just never imagined that abbey would react that way. I've been reading a lot of books with similar situations lately and usually the protagonist just suck it up and deal or they super fall in love. This was a more realistic reaction and one that I LOVED.

Cliffhanger ending, The Hollow is not one to be missed :)


''I felt my cheeks turn red, and she laughed out loud. But I didn't mind too much, because the last thing she saw was my middle finger aimed in her direction as I stepped outside''


Tweet Review
A mysterious dead, a black diary, a live legend in sleepy hollow and a haunted boy... The Hollow is not one to be missed

No comments:

Post a Comment