Thursday, February 2, 2012

Incarnate Interview with Jody Meadow


Date Released: January 31st 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Pages: 384 pages
Date Read: December 25 2011
Format: Hardcover
Source: Netgalley
Summary:


New soul 
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.



The Interview:

1.- In Between Writing and Reading, what do you like to do?
I have a yarn obsession (or problem, if you ask my husband). I love spinning, knitting, and crocheting!

2.- Describe your book Twitter style. 140 Characters or less. GO!
Reincarnation! Music! Kissing! Scary Danger! Pretty masks!

3.- How was the process of creating Ana as a character? I think we've all felt like outcast at some point, but, with Ana it goes so deep and it feels so real. Where did you find those emotions that made her such a complex and unique character?
Like most of my characters, Ana arrived in my head as a whole person. It took me a while to get to know and understand her, but she was worth the effort.

As you said, we all know what it feels like to be new or an outcast. Those are universal feelings. For Ana, that's her entire existence. I spent a lot of time imagining what it might be like to know you were a mistake and that you'd replaced someone everyone else loved. I also did a lot of research into abuse victims, which was just heartbreaking.

But in spite of her less-than-ideal upbringing, I wanted her to be courageous, to seek out joy, and be ready to make changes in her life. I wanted her to be someone the reader could understand and cheer for.

4.-Did you had any say in the cover? Because honestly it is GORGEOUS and fitting to the story :)

I had nothing to do with the gorgeous cover. Well, I did drool a little and announce my undying love for the art department at Katherine Tegen Books, but that was as far as my contribution went.

5.- Is there any chance that Sam was inspired by a real someone in this world? *say yes, say yes, say yes*
Haha! Sorry. Sam is made of 100% fiction, though my husband likes to say Sam is based on him. (Sorry, husband! Sam has much better taste in music. *g*)


6.-A question you would like to be asked in an interview.
"If you had a pet sylph, would it get along with Kippy?"

Absolutely. In fact, it would probably do a better job of keeping Kippy warm than my lap and she would abandon me.


7.- and Between You and Me, what's in store for the future
Is it really between you and me if this is going on a public blog? ;)

Okay, okay. There will be more music. More sylph. More kissing. More discovery of the world and reincarnation. And lots and lots of bad things happening.


Thank You so Much To Jody Meadow for Granting Me this Interview :D! I Looooved her book and if you haven't read it: What are You Waiting For!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment