Thursday, February 2, 2012

Incarnate - Jody Meadow


Date Released: January 31st 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Pages: 384 pages
Date Read: December 25 2011
Format: Hardcover
Source: Netgalley
Summary:
New soul 
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.


My Review:

Incarnate blew me away. Seriously my favorite book in its genre so far. It was that good. And the cover is amazing! Now onto to the review:

I’m usually not a big fan of fantasy, they tend to lack some deep and such, so the fact that Incarnate has the best female character I have read ever is astonishing. From the summary you know that Anna is different. She’s a Nosoul, and as such she was raised to believe she was not worthy of loving things or being loved and that she should be punished, constantly and cruelty.

As soon as she’s free of her guardian, some really really bad stuff happens and she nearly dies. But do not fear, Sam is here! Oh Sam! I want him under the Christmas tree! Bringing me cake on my Birthday! He’s just…. *swoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon* I mean, WOW, I don’t remember falling so hard for a character before x). ahem, back to the point. Sam takes care of her and he doesn’t mind that she’s a Nosoul, strange…

Sadly, not everyone agrees with Sam, and Ana is thrown into a world where people hate her and judge her for something she had no control over: her birth. I was so frustrated along with Ana, sad and angry. I understood everything, her bitterness and hurt, her want for love.

There’s also the lovely romance between Ana and Sam. Flawlessly Beautiful. As much as I would love to give some spoilers I’ll restrain myself. BUT I will give you this: I have read Chapter 21 and 22 at least 6 times today, and I just finished the book earlier.

Incarnate had the power to change my emotions in one line, incredible romance one minute and thrilling action the next.

Dragons, Burns, Dance, Music, Romance, Secrets and the constant uncertainty of whom to trust, along with the knowledge that the only way to survive is to believe in one’s self. Incarnate is a Book You Can’t Forget. Period.

I can’t wait to get my finished copy! Amazing with Major Capital A :D a HUGE Thanks to Netgally for the opportunity to read this!


“There's always the option of deciding for yourself who you are and what you'll become.”


Tweet Review
Dragons, Burns, Dance, Music, Romance, Secrets and the constant uncertainty of whom to trust, along with the knowledge that the only way to survive is to believe in one’s self. Incarnate is a Book You Can’t Forget. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment